Vietnam Team Journal


Monday, March 12, 2012

"What I hear, I forget. What I see, I remember. What I do, I understand."


Today I would call a typical Monday.  Got to school on time to wait for an assembly to finish.  Second hour, we went to the wrong room, but got that figured out.  Third period went fine, but the WI-FI was down so the teacher did not have her YouTube videos to play.  The volunteers had to cover the planned "sing-a-long"....  Lunch and then a break and then afternoon classes.  We were informed that the English teachers had a meeting and we would need to teach without their help. Before lunch, we were given the lesson plan and workbook for 6th hour.  But fourth and fifth was a combined class of 1st graders.  David walked in early and got the directions. He did a great job on the fly.  But after over an hour, the homeroom teacher bailed us out with a numbers game.  Sixth hour we talked about making sandwiches with the kids.  It seemed to go well.  Back at the hotel and then dinner at Highway 4 Restaurant.  Nice place.  I liked the veggies and duck.  Good night!

- Bob

No comments: